Studying in the UK gives international students a great adventure, open opportunities to pursue their passion and dreams, and perfect their English to become a world-class citizen!
- UK has a worldwide reputation for academic excellence and for developing valuable career-relevant skills. International students can take advantage of a huge choice of universities and the excellent standards of teaching that the UK provides, and also gain much more than a degree in the UK. While there are plenty of reasons that international students consider studying in the UK, the followings are top 10 reasons of why UK is the world second best country after the United States for international students.1. Quality Education and Academic ExcellenceThe UK education is renowned for its high quality and academic excellence. The standard of its research and innovative teaching are examined by the Quality Assurance Agency and the Research Assessment Exercise every five years. With just 1% of the world’s population, the UK undertakes 5% of the world’s scientific research, and produces 14% of the world’s most highly cited academic papers. By studying in the UK, students have the opportunity to graduate from one of the best education systems in the world.2. Prestige International ReputationThe UK has the best universities in the world. According to QS World University Rankings 2012/13, four of the top six universities in the world are in the UK – University of Cambridge, University College London, University of Oxford and Imperial College London together with the Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology of the United States are the world top six universities. The UK qualifications are favoured by employers and governments around the world as results of the quality and vigour, as well as “halo effect” created by the UK’s top universities.3. Innovative TeachingUK education system encourages students to think creatively, independently and critically. Students thrive in a challenging and inspiring environment, and are challenged to think critically and independently to explore topics for analysis and debate. UK universities place greater focus on smaller group tutorials and one to one tuition. Admission to the UK’s best universities is highly competitive with restricted class sizes for quality and standard, and to ensure all students have access to equipment and can interact with their lecturers.4. Great Choice of LearningUniversities in the UK offer an extremely wide range of courses. Over 50,000 courses are available in higher education to suit student’s interests and career goals. The UK education system is also very flexible, where a wide range of vocational career based courses are designed to develop a range of skills needed in today’s global workforce.5. Mastering Business LanguageEnglish is the international language of business, science and technology. New study by British Council showed that international employers are looking for well-rounded candidates with strong communication skills on top of qualifications. Studying in the UK immersed in the language environment enables you to perfect your English communication skills, and provides international perspective for entering global business community.6. Career Prospects – World-class CitizenThe British qualifications are highly recognised worldwide for their rigorous quality assurance, and valued by employers throughout the world. A degree from a well-respected UK university will place you ahead of many other students around the world when you graduate. In addition, studying in the UK on your own also offers opportunity to develop personal skills, such as tolerance for other cultures, multi-lingual, being flexible, adaptable, self-reliant and self-confident, which will greatly improve your employment prospects as a world-class citizen.7. Safest Place to Study and LiveStudents from over 80 countries rated UK as the safest place to study according to British Council survey. The multicultural nature and tolerant society of Britain, strict laws restricting gun ownership, good medical care, and a relatively low crime rate make UK the most secure place, where migrants and students will find a safe environment to study and work.8. Great Value for MoneyStudying in the UK is great value for money. First, university degrees are shorter than those in most other countries. Most UK bachelor degrees take three years and master degrees one year, meaning that less time and money required for study without compromising on quality. Secondly, international students studying at universities and state colleges can work part time up to 20 hours per week and full time during vacations to support your studies and gain work experience. Thirdly, international students on a full-time course of more than six months also have access to free health care on the National Health Service (NHS).9. Welcoming HospitalityUK education institutions have a long history of welcoming students from abroad. Each year more than 300,000 international students come to study in the UK. Well-developed support services and social-cultural events, as well as international student clubs are organised at most institutions to help international students settle in and make friends.10. Vibrant Culture and TraditionsThe UK is a truly diverse and exciting place with multi-cultures and rich histories, where schoolchildren in London speak over 300 languages. A mix of cosmopolitan cities and traditional rural villages, historical structures and modern architecture, as well as exciting sporting events and vibrant British life make UK an attractive destination for international students aiming to broaden their horizons. Studying in the UK offers fantastic opportunity to live and mingle in such a vibrant, noble, and culturally diversified UK life.
- Studying in the UK is a fascinated way to broaden your horizons and boost your career prospects. In 2012, British Council Education Intelligence published a series of global survey involving 168,000 students from more than 100 countries. The survey explored factors that affect student decisions regarding higher education abroad, including how students perceive study destination countries, how important the education quality and university reputations are in student considerations, and how much the students concern about the safety issue of the destination countries.The major five findings of the survey include:1. Five countries attract 50% of all students aiming to study abroad:
- 19% students choose to study in the USA
- 10% students choose to study in the UK
- 7% students choose to study in Australia
- 7% students choose to study in Germany
- 7% students choose to study in France
- 59% of those for studying in the UK voted for premier quality of education.
- 38% of those for the United States are most likely for career prospects.
- 25% of those for Germany considered low tuition fees as a priority.
- 24% of those for Australia and Canada considered the benefits of working whilst studying.
- UK as the safest place to study rated by over 25% of students.
- Canada as the second, voted as safest by over 15%, followed by the United States, Germany, and New Zealand.
- Non-UK students ranked Singapore and Germany in fourth and fifth place.
Check it out below for British education programmes and how we can help.