Youth group, available in 2 weeks / 3 weeks / 4 weeks in the UK.
Summer camps are supervised programmes for children conducted during the summer holidays. Although traditionally the summer camps are more geared towards recreation, nowadays, the primary purpose of most of camps is educational focused, catering to different age groups and interests.
There are many different types of camps organised every summer for more than10 million children worldwide. Catering to the need and wide interests among Chinese children to develop special skills and abilities, Live Our Dreams works closely with UK leading camp organisations offering Chinese primary and secondary school student three types of specialty camps – Arts Camp in music, art and acting, Sports Camp in golf, tennis and football, and Scouts Camp, in which children focus on developing specific skill sets.
Although the specialty camps focus on building specific skill sets, they are developed along thematic lines of traditional camps to expand a range of abilities to every camping child, such as creative thinking, self-reliance and self-confidence. As with all summer camps, outside of full day immersion with focused specialised activities, the evening programmes of specialty camps are also geared towards recreational activities and team-building exercises for campers. A special English language programme is also featured in all our specialty programmes to help Chinese students gain confidence in communicating with other international campers as well as improve their English language proficiency skills while camping abroad.
Major benefits of attending a summer specialty camp include:
1) Specialty camps provide professional instruction with the right equipment and facilities to help children develop their specialist skills in sports, cultivate their artistic talents, and adventure skills;
2) Improve English language skills through incorporated special English programmes and full immersion in English environment;
3) Step into the world of independence from the care of the parents, camps offer young children an exclusive opportunity for self-discovery and personal development;
4) Develop important life skills, such as self-reliance, self-esteem and self-confidence, as well as social skills, such as communication, cooperation, respect, team work and tolerance;
5) Offer opportunity for children to challenge themselves and expand their horizons by trying new things, learning new skills and achieving new goals;
6) Get out of modern narrow world and connect to nature with outdoor activities expand children’s horizon and enrich their mind and perception of the world for healthy whole child development;
7) Meeting and making new friends from all over the world, broaden children’s international perspectives and learn about different places and cultures;
8) Getting away from hanging around at home watching TV and playing video games all summer, to have fun and get healthy with a variety of awesome programmes and physical activities offered at camps;
9) Natural and developmental camp settings promote experiential learning which reinforce and substantiate what children learned at schools.
Check it out below for other youth programmes that we organise as well as other activities that we engage in.