The safety, wellbeing and care of the child boarding abroad are of paramount importance. Knowing your children are well taken care of during their study in the UK by a responsible guardian is of imperative importance for all parents living overseas.
By law all international students to study in the UK under the age of 18 must have an appointed UK legal guardian to act in place of their parents to provide assistance with emergencies, visa and travel arrangements, and look after the overall welfare of the child.
Live Our Dreams will offer superior Guardianship service to Chinese children coming to study at UK independent boarding schools. We will act as their ‘UK family’, giving them attentive and continued support throughout their study in the UK. We will be also their contact point, offering constant contact with school, parents and their host family, following their wellbeing and success closely, and making sure all the needs and issues they have during their study in the UK are taken good care of.
We will offer the following Guardianship services to children entrusted to our care:
1) Assisting parents with school application and placement;
2) Airport Reception and transfer to and from school;
3) Making visa and travel arrangement both in the UK and return home;
4) Acting as the legal guardian of the child throughout their study in the UK;
5) 24 hour emergency student contact, and acting on behalf of parents to handle emergency situations, such as problems with immigration or passports, get ill, having trouble at school;
6) Looking after the child’s welfare and providing a host family where the child can stay at weekends, exeats and during school half-terms and holiday times when school is closed;
7) Assisting parents with things that school and/or children may need, such as school uniform, sports equipment, initial bank account and mobile phone set up, etc.;
8) On parents behalf for document signing, attending school functions and participating teacher interviews.;
9) Monitoring children’s progress, and provide academic support or tuition when needed;
10) Managing and control expense lodgement account for parents.
We also offer parent advisory service and organise parent school visiting trips before making application for school admission on behalf of their child. For information on British education system and the access points for Chinese children into British education please click the links. Parents may also find the following school programmes and the education services that we provide of interest.