Youth group, 2+2 weeks UK-China programme
This special two-way exchange programme will be designed in partnership with secondary/high schools both in the UK and China to offer opportunities for their young student leaders to pair with foreign peers in developing leadership skills, and to foster mutual understanding, respect, and community engagement among British and Chinese young student leaders.
The programme will stress that the young people is the leaders of tomorrow, and valuable contributors to our communities. Students will travel abroad and live with their foreign peer host families to gain firsthand knowledge of foreign cultures and daily life. They will engage in a structured programme both home and abroad with their foreign peer students to develop leadership skills as well as study globally significant issues, including the impact of environment and climate change to the societies, science and technology, health and social care, etc.
The programme is designed to train young leaders how to be better community leaders through structured activates, involving leadership training workshops, meetings with community leaders, language lessons, community service activities, team building exercises, as well as lessons and practice in skills that are useful in community work.
Major benefits include:
1) Develop leadership skills other soft skills in dialogue, communication, organisation and environmental action, as well as comprehension of the complexities of the world around us.
2) Travel to a foreign country as a youth ambassador for a life-changing experience, and promote mutual understanding between youths of the UK and China;
3) Experience and gain insights of foreign culture and life, and enhance language and social communication skills;
4) Expand the knowledge and skills in community participation and develop commitment to community development and environmental actions;
5) Share knowledge and skills with peers through team activities and encouragement, and build friendships with youths from different ethnic, religious, and national groups;
6) Return home equipped with the knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm to create positive change in their schools and communities.
Check it out below for other youth programmes that we organise as well as other activities we engage in.