Youth group, available in 4 weeks / 6 weeks / 8 weeks in both UK and China
This unique two-way exchange programme will be designed in partnership with schools both in the UK and China to offer opportunities for their students to learn and experience the outside world that could not have been taught in a classroom at home country.
The language and cultural exchange programme will include language instruction and cultural enrichment experiences, to enable students to experience the culture and the way of a real life in another country – the people, the language, the daily living, as well as its unique culture and beliefs.
Students in the same age group will be placed into their foreign peer student families, where students will not only live with them, but also participate in structured cultural activities, designed to help students to gain a deeper understanding and knowledge of the ‘self’ and the ‘world’ – the knowledge that only gained through experience.
Major benefits include:
1) Improve foreign language skills, gain a deeper understanding of foreign culture through participation in structured cultural activities and by living with host families;
2) Get to know the local people, cultivate friendships, make lasting connections with members of the host family and the friends at the host country;
3) Enhance language and communication skills by meeting, talking, and sharing with new people in a different world, with different language and culture,
4) Develop new skills as an exchange participant, taking responsibility, being self-confidence, respect and tolerate differences;
5) Develop leadership skills, and comprehend the complexities of the world around us.
6) Gain insights into the meaning of social-cultural elements – neighborhood, nation and global community.
7) Mutual benefits for host families or student exchange families and their children for appreciation and understanding of foreign culture and diversity as hosts of foreign students.
Check it out below for other youth programmes that we organise as well as other activities we engage in.