UK-China trade has increased dramatically in recent years. Besides the UK by far is the largest EU investor to China and also China’s leading investment destination in Europe, UK’s vast experience in the service and creative industries, scientific and commercial expertise as well as technical innovations are seen as the best source by Chinese business leaders. On the other hand, as the world’s second-largest and the fastest growing economy, China continue to be an attractive destination for UK investment and business collaborations, with increasing number of British companies doing business with and within China.
However, distinctive social-culture environments and business protocols between China and the UK make the ways of doing business distinctively. The respective companies and executives engaging in business with foreign companies or operating in foreign markets need to be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills in order to succeed.
Live Our Dreams Executive Training programme is an integral part of our continued effort in bridging East and West in knowledge and skills. It consists of two parallel intensive business programmes opening to respective Chinese and UK executives who wish to operate business in foreign markets. It is designed to help UK/Chinese business executives to understand the foreign culture, business practice and market specifics as well as to familiar them with the basic foreign business language in order to facilitate their business ventures in UK-China trade and investment.
The programmes principally cover the following business and cultural training sessions, and combine a business forum with country specific case studies at the end of the each programme. A separate intensive foreign language programme and home stays can also be incorporated if required.
1. Culture and Etiquette (country specific)
- Country profile
- Economy, political and financial system in business contexts
- Foreign business and governmental policies
- Culture, society and customs
- Business etiquette
2. Organisation and Behaviour
- Perception, personality and emotional intelligence
- Organisational behaviour
- Business culture and management
- Diversity & cross cultural management
- Leadership, power and politics
3. Business and Management
- Strategic planning and business excellence
- Marketing and buyer behaviour
- Risk management
- Change management
- Business formulation – ‘What is’ and ‘What should be’ in context of home and foreign markets
4. Business Forum and LOD Entrepreneur Club
- A business forum is organised with country specific case studies at the end of the programme to invite both Chinese and UK executives for business networking and knowledge exchange.
- An industry specific company visit will be arranged for participants to gain more insights and first-hand experience.
- All participants will be awarded a Live Our Dreams Entrepreneur Club (LODE) membership card.